About The Beckett School
- Instruction in music, art, and drama.
- Opportunities for participation in special musical and artistic events throughout the year
- Annual non-competitive festival
- Association with other students and teachers provides a stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Preparation for examinations and competitions upon mutual agreement of students, parents, and teachers
- Summer programs in music, art, drama and theory
- Enrichment through related branches of the arts
The History of the Beckett School
The Beckett School began in September 1980 in a gracious older home in downtown Waterloo, offering instruction in piano, theory, and early childhood music. In 1986, two adjacent houses were added, providing space for additional programs in strings, voice, recorder, art, and speech arts and drama. A branch was opened in Pioneer Park in Kitchener in 1993, offering lessons in piano, theory, guitar and singing. In 2000, the school moved to its present location at 5 Michael Street, providing more studio and classroom space in this thoughtfully renovated, beautiful older building. Conveniently housed with Music Plus, and Kelman Hall Publishing the three businesses are affectionately known as "Music on Michael". The Beckett School is now the largest of its kind in the area, with an enrollment of more than 1400 students and a faculty of more than 40 teachers.